Monday, December 21, 2009

Professional Portfolio

The Following is the beginning of my Professional Portfolio. It includes the NASPE Beginner Teacher Standards with artifacts included by me.

Standard 1: Scientific and Theoretical Knowledge
Physical education teacher candidates know and apply discipline-specific scientific and theoretical concepts critical to the development of physically educated individuals.

This artifact will include lab write ups from field experience done at an after school program in Dryden NY.

Standard 2: Skill-Based and Fitness-Based Competence
Physical education teacher candidates are physically educated individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to demonstrate competent movement performance and health-enhancing fitness as delineated in NASPE's K-12 Standards

For my artifact for this standard I have chosen my personal activity record which shows what activities I participate in.


Standard 3: Planning and Implementation.
Physical education teacher candidates plan and implement developmentally appropriate learning experiences aligned with local, state and national standards to address the diverse needs of all students.
This standards artifacts will be filled in after field experience in EDU 356, where I will write a top down plan and an IEP for the student I work with one on one.


Standard 4: Instructional Delivery and Management.
Physical education teacher candidates use effective communication and pedagogical skills and strategies to enhance student engagement and learning.
For this Standard I am using a Lesson Plan created for a dance unit as my artifact.

Standard 5: Impact on Student Learning
Physical education teacher candidates utilize assessments and reflection to foster student learning and to inform instructional decisions.
For this artifact I chose a presentation a group of students and I did that helped show assessment of students using Dance Dance Revolution in the classroom. (Weblink currently not working. Please be patient as I try and fix it. Thank you).

Standard 6: Professionalism
Physical Education teacher candidates demonstrate dispositions essential to becoming effective professionals.
This artifact will be completed once I receive a form filled out by a host teacher from a school I observe.



PICTURES COMING SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment